Saturday, October 3, 2009

First one down!




I finally finished my first attempt at sewing a dress from a pattern. I started it this summer with the help of my mother, and slowly finished it this weekend. I think it has to do with the sewing class I joined that has helped motivate me to complete some of the projects I've started. The dress is fit for a 2 year old, and I'm thinking it'll be a play "dress up" for Sophia when she's older. The pattern is a Portobellopixie design by Sandi Henderson. It was pretty tricky for my first dress, but I'm happy I was able to complete it!

3 comments:

MA said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job....such an ambitious project. I love the added applique - so cute! Thanks for posting pictures, so fun to see!!

rockstar said...

I'm so happy for you! I really love it. So fun to see the finished product!

b.liz said...

Wow...that's your first dress?! It's beautiful. It looks like you have some serious talent.